Spousal Sponsorship in Edmonton Application Assistance Services

Canadian citizens or permanent residents may sponsor a spouse, common-law, or conjugal partner to become a Permanent Resident in Canada. The Sponsor shall sign an agreement with the Canadian Government stating their responsibility to support the sponsored spouse for a certain period financially. Spousal sponsorship in Canada Application assistance services is one of the best ways to bring loved ones here.

Our Spousal Sponsorship Application Assistance Services based in Edmonton help bring your loved ones to Canada!

Contact Our Team for More Info


  • How Long Does it take to Sponsor a Spouse in Canada?
  • What are the Requirements to Sponsor Your Spouse in Canada?
  • Who Can I Sponsor?

According to the processing times given by CCIC, it can take up to 12 months to sponsor a spouse in Canada.

To sponsor your spouse in Canada, the sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, at least 18 years of age, and must not fall within any of the ineligibility provisions. (must not be inadmissible)

You may be eligible to sponsor your spouse, dependent child, common-law, conjugal partner, parents, grandparents, adopted child, and an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild. You may be able to sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age; if you meet the conditions listed by CCIC and don't have a living relative (listed above), you could sponsor instead.

Canadian Spousal Sponsorship

  • Common-Law Partner Sponsorship

    The Canadian Government considers common-law couples who have lived together in a conjugal relationship for at least 12 consecutive months (some exceptions apply) and have combined your affairs. The common-law partner isn’t legally married to you and can be either sex.

  • Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship

    You can sponsor your parents and grandparents, who are related by blood or adoption, to become Canada’s permanent residents. The Canada Spouse Visa application intake for this program opens at the beginning of the year, so be sure to prepare before its opening date if you have the qualifications and intention to sponsor your parents and grandparents.

  • Conjugal Partner Sponsorship

    Suppose you and your partner have been unable to live together due to circumstances beyond your control but meet the other criteria for married or common-law sponsorship. In that case, you may be considered a conjugal partner. The conjugal partner can be of the same or opposite sex. You can still qualify for spousal sponsorship in Canada.

    Two options are available to process spousal sponsorship in Canada: the family class process outside Canada or the In-Canada class. The type of application will depend on the family situation. Spousal sponsorship in Canada is a two-stage process. The first stage is assessing the sponsor’s eligibility, and the second stage is the assessment of the sponsored person’s eligibility. There are specific criteria that you need to meet to have success in both stages. A marriage certificate alone does not prove a genuine relationship and, therefore, does not guarantee a permanent Canada Spouse Visa issuance. Preferred Immigration Services Inc. can assist you in understanding and succeeding with your application for spousal sponsorship in Canada.

  • Dependent Children Sponsorship

    Suppose you have children whom you want to sponsor to Canada. In that case, the first thing you need to check is whether you need to sponsor them or they are already Canadian citizens. They do not need sponsorship to come to Canada but to just apply for proof of Canadian citizenship. As the parent sponsor, this may happen if you are already a Canadian citizen at the time of your child’s birth/adoption.

    If the above scenario does not apply to you, you may apply to sponsor your children to become Canada’s permanent residents. You will have to show that you have the financial capacity to support your children in Canada. In most cases, this a straight-forward application. However, complexities in these cases may also arise, which may cause delays or refusal of an application.

  • Sponsorship of Other Eligible Relatives

    If you have brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, or grandchildren who are orphaned, under the age of 18 and are single, they may receive sponsorship to come to Canada as a permanent resident.

    You may also be able to sponsor one relative if you do not have anyone, such as a partner, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece, a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.

  • Get Support with your Spousal Sponsorship Appeal

    During the Appeal, the Ministers council will have the ability to ask the sponsor and any witnesses who can represent the sponsor for the case. The council for the sponsor will also ask questions and clarify anything left to question by the minister.

    It is imperative to represent the facts in your case correctly and clearly show the minister that the relationship is genuine if this is the reason for the refusal. As counsel for the sponsor, it is our job to explain in detail by submission and hear that the case is genuine to allow or approve the appeal.

    Get help Appealing your Spousal Sponsorship Application

Spousal Sponsorship Application Appeal in Edmonton

If you submit a spousal sponsorship application and it is denied, you can submit an appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division. The Appeal Division holds a hearing where you, the sponsor, will appear in person or on video and testify about your relationship. The Appeal might also have your spouse testify, either in person, by telephone conference, or video, if your spouse is outside Canada.

Spousal Sponsorship Appeal

You and your spouse will have an opportunity to submit the Canada Spouse Visa documentation to the Appeal Division to demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship for the Appeal Division to consider. In some circumstances, they grant the appeal, and the board members determine that the decision made by the immigration officer was unreasonable. In that case, your spousal sponsorship application returns to the Embassy or High Commission of Canada, which processed your application, and it will be re-determined by a different officer.

If your Canada Spouse Visa application has been denied, please contact our office, and we will advise you based on your specific case. In some cases, we recommend appealing the decision.

Spousal Sponsorship Appeal can be a long process; you must take many steps to achieve success. The documentation needs to be accurate and the relationship explained to the officer’s satisfaction. It is an incredibly frustrating process if not done correctly.

Your chances of success with your Edmonton Spousal Sponsorship Appeal go up significantly with the help of a professional from Preferred Immigration Services Inc.

Discuss Your Case with an Expert


Form Introductory Text

✓ Valid